Home / History


The First Department of Propaedeutic and Internal Medicine, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, was first established at “Evaggelsimos Hospital” in 1918. In 1951 the Department was relocated to “Laiko General Hospital” (“King’s Pavlos Hospital” at the time) where it can be found until today.

The following Professors of Medicine served as Heads of the Department over the years:

Professor Anastasios Aravantinos
Professor Nicolaos Tsampoulas
Professor George Daikos
Professor Pavlos Sfikakis
Professor Nicolaos Katsilampros
Professor Spyros Ladas
Professor Petros Sfikakis